Treating Your Dog’s Cold
The common cold includes a number of viruses that can cause your pup to fall ill and experience a variety of symptoms such as:
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
These symptoms could also be the result of other serious conditions such as kennel cough, dog flu, bronchitis, or canine distemper. If your dog’s symptoms persist for longer than a few days, then schedule an appointment with your veterinarian to discuss treatment options.
There are a few things you can do to protect your pup from the common cold and alleviate the symptoms:
- Use a humidifier in the room your dog sleeps in to loosen up a stuffy nose.
- Clean your dog’s food and water, toys, blankets, and anything else that may have germs.
- Let your pup get a lot of rest and take them on short walks outside rather than long walks or runs.
- Avoid getting your dog close to other dogs since the common cold is highly contagious.
- Give your dog plenty of water and nutritious food to help with the recovery process.
- Bundle up your pup and take them on shorter but more frequent walks rather than long walks during cold weather seasons. Consider investing in dog shoes and a jacket.
We’ll Help Your Dog At City Vet
Bring your sick pup over to City Vet and our trained staff will take a look! Located in Long Island City, New York, we are a full-service veterinary hospital devoted to providing the highest quality of care to your fur baby. Our professional and compassionate team at City Vet seeks to deliver the best possible medical care, surgical care, and dental care to our beloved patients in the Astoria, Long Island City, and Roosevelt Island areas. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.